Sunday, May 20, 2018

Bryan Caplan on Conversations with Tyler

One of the best Bryan Caplan interviews I've ever heard (and I've heard them all)
I remember once I was just wandering past opening day for The Hunger Games, which I was not particularly a fan of. But just to see a bunch of people who are in love with something, I was happy just looking at them loving this thing in a way that when I see someone half watching a sitcom while doing something else, that’s the kind of thing that depresses me. 
I just want to go and shut it off. If it’s worth watching, it’s worth watching with 100 percent attention. If it doesn’t motivate you that way, you need to find something else. Or else you might be wasting your whole aesthetic life!
 Maybe it's time to start watching all the movies nominated for Best Picture, starting with 2017's The Shape of Water.