Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Sam Harris wants you to take Drugs

Listen to Sam Harris' first podcast, Drugs and the Meaning of Life.
"I have two daughters who will one day take drugs. Of course I will do everything in my power to see that they choose their drugs wisely. But a life lived entirely without drugs is neither foreseeable, nor I think desirable.

I hope they someday enjoy a morning cup of tea or coffee as much as I do. If they drink alcohol as adults, and they probably will, I will encourage them to do it safely. If they choose to smoke marijuana I will urge moderation. Tobacco should be shunned, and I will do everything within the bounds of decent parenting to steer them away from it. Needless to say if I knew that either of my daughters would ever develop a fondness for methamphetamine or crack cocaine I might never sleep again.

But if they don't try a psychodelic like Psilocybin or LSD at least once in their adult lives, I will wonder if they had missed one of the most important rights of passage a human being can experience."
But remember,