Wednesday, December 27, 2017

How to make Life an RPG

I've always said that I'd be more productive if life were an Role Playing Game where I earned experience and leveled up. As a chronic video game player, I find that really appealing.

Now someone has developed a LifeRPG app (the manual, the reddit). It is yet another instance of the internet proving that I've never had an original idea in my life. Not only has someone else had this idea, but someone crafted a well thought out application based on this idea. (other ideas include D***Starter and Yelp for People)

Of course, I've begun using it. In the future perhaps I will write an essay on my basic strategy for making it work. So far so good though. Check it out!

A hat tip goes out to my brother who brought the app to my attention. As a successful PhD in Physics working in Israel, I'm curious how much use he has for a productivity App. I always thought people like that were an everlasting well of conscientiousness and will power. But lately I've been thinking about System 2's ability to organize the environment of System 1 as a superior strategy to "trying harder next time", also known as the sheer will power strategy.

A feel that as an avid World of Warcraft Player and economist, David Friedman would find this app especially interesting.